We are committed to hosting safe and responsible events. Due to the dynamic and changing nature of the COVID 19 response, this Safety Plan is subject to change as required by Public Health Orders and directions from National and Provincial Sport Organizations. Please check the BTNES or event website for any future updates.To protect the health and safety of athletes, coaches, support staff and race officials, and in recognition of the complexity of competition environments, Black Tusk Nordic Events Society is implementing full vaccination or mandatory PCR testing for all BTNES events for the 2021-22 season.
All participants attending Nationals must either show proof of vaccination on Zone 4 registration or adhere to the following testing requirements:
- Have a negative PCR test within 48 hours before arriving at the championships facility
- Have a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) every 48 hours while attending the championships
- All RATs will have to be completed under the supervision of the Competition COVID Officer
- All RATs must be provided by participants
- The race organization will not provide any RATs
Any questions or concerns can be addressed to the COVID officer at 778 834 8183 or [email protected]
- Participants should complete a daily COVID 19 symptom self-check:
- Participants are required to use masks indoors and when carpooling (eg. team vehicles.)
- Stay home if you experience symptoms such as a cough, fever, breathing difficulties, loss of taste or smell or severe fatigue.
- Participants who test positive for COVID-19 should immediately notify the host organizing committee.
- Spectators and users of Whistler Olympic Park facilities outside of the race area are subject to Whistler Olympic Park’s Covid Plan: https://www.
whistlersportlegacies.com/ whistler-olympic-park/ operational-updates-for- winter-202122.